17 February 2008

More of Our Favorite Korean Faces!

I have to say as I get closer and closer to moving, I have come to realize how we HAVE become such a part of the Korean community and how I really will miss these faces!!

Sophie is my hairdresser and she is wonderful! Not only does she cut and color my hair well, but she is a sweetheart. It is not easy to find a Korean hairdresser that can color blond hair without messing it up so I am REALLY grateful for her!! Think about it...how many blond Koreans have YOU seen?

This is Mr. and Mrs. Kim. They are our favorite "box people". Over here when you need to ship a box somewhere you can just take your contents to a "box person" and they will make the perfect size box for your things and package it for $2!! In the states I remember "dumpster diving" to find boxes that stores have thrown out and then having to go buy bubble wrap or get a newspaper OR always keeping a stash in the garage of all of the above...such a drama! It's SO worth it for TWO DOLLARS!! Mr. and Mrs. Kim ALWAYS have a smile for us and a treat for Ana!!! Another FRIENDLY face that we see EVERYDAY... except on Sundays because they are strong Christians and don't work on Sundays. :)

THIS LADY HAS SAVED OUR LIVES HERE!!! Her name is Mi Young. She is our massage therapist that we take turns seeing every month!! She works at Queen Massage and is AMAZING!!! After a 90 min. oil massage you TRULY feel like a new person. I just had my last massage this week (above pix) and it was a bitter sweet good bye.


3 comments:

Lynn said...

Okay, you've been holding out on me! I need highlights...please share how I can find your hairdresser. Massage therapist? Are you kidding me?!!? Where is she located and how much? Can I go this week? :)

Lynn said...

PS...this "massage therapist" is not the massage your boobies type, right? Just kidding....

Joel and Angela said...

Are you gonna miss all this when you get here????
Can't wait to see you!
A