06 February 2008

Everland Celebrates Lunar New Year!!

Even though it is chilly outside...we ventured out to Everland with our good friends the McKee's! Still one of our favorite things to do and I don't know if we will get another chance to go before we leave. This week is a big week for the Koreans...well Asian's everywhere really...Friday begins the Year of the Rat! Happy Lunar New Year!

Again, it cracks me up that Ana will have NOTHING to do with Santa or any Disney character...but will VOLUNTEERLY go up to the Korean characters! This character is dressed in the traditional Korean "hanbok" to celebrate Lunar New Year. Beautiful and SO colorful!!!
I just thought this was cute...everyone all bundled up!

Doing the "swing ride"...Ana REALLY wanted to do it!

Right now there is a man made snow hill for the kiddos to sled on! Ana's FIRST sledding experience! She loved it. There were three different hills but this was the "baby hill" and Ana could do it by herself and that is very important now a days..."I do it by myself!"
I have to say though, I don't get mom of the year for this one. After about an hour of sledding Ana bursted out in tears. I was worried because Ana doesn't cry unless something is REALLY wrong! Well, her feet where ice. I felt HORRIBLE!! I took her to the bathroom and ran lukewarm water on her feet and she thawed out. Poor baby. BUT all is good and forgotten and she was ready for more...but we headed home! This was our first "incident" that really scared me. She has yet to be sick and we haven't had an emergency room issue either (knock on wood) so I was a bit tramatized and it was time to leave!

There is a parade at Everland everyday and their parade today was centered around their Lunar New Year celebration! It was WONDERFUL!

No comments: