22 December 2007

Christmas Memories

I love all the activities we have done during this Christmas season! We have such awesome friends and family. I have done some REALLY fun things at this base that I haven't done at others...good things that I hope to do again!


My sister in law's parents sent Ana this dress. It's beautiful and fits her perfectly. Last year they gave her one as well with the most thoughtful card. They said that since my mom wasn't here to buy her first Christmas dress (she passed away 6 years ago and last yr was our first year with Ana after her adoption was final) THEY wanted to buy it for her! SOOOO special. Thank You!

Our Officer's Club has a FABULOUS Sunday Brunch and after church last Sunday we went with our good friends the McKee's.

A sweet friend of mine named Kristin had a couple of friends over for a "cookie exchange". We all made our favorite Christmas cookie and brought the recipe to share. With our recipes we made a little booklets to take home along with a yummy container of cookies!

This is our "Cookie Exchange" group! I LOVED this idea! And it was just a fun afternoon with the girls and cookies...what more could you ask for?

I am a member of the Officer's Spouses Club and we had our Christmas Tea. It was the neatest experience! The theme was "Christmas Memories of your Childhood". We all brought a gift that reminded us of a childhood memory and then when someone choose your gift, you stood up and explained your childhood memory. SOOO many fabulous stories and most of us were crying by the end of the function!

Gammy and Ana decorating HER Christmas tree for her room. This year's ornaments were Dora, M&Ms, and Sesame Street! All her favorites!

All done and SO proud!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

There really have been a lot of fun activities here this year. I am glad I was able to be part of some of these too.

Adorable pictures of Ana....not so adorable of me at the OSC function. How fun that I picked Kristin's gift!

Unknown said...

The dress is precious! Miss you guys! We'll try to call in the next day or so!
Angie