26 April 2007

Shinjang Mall

This is not a "mall" in American standards. It's more of a shopping area. TONS of little hole in the wall stores with everything from furniture to food. This shopping area is a strip right off the main gate to the base. Most people park on base and walk across the street. This is where everyone buys there souvenirs from Korea. It's very fun! I haven't done any damage yet. I'm pacing myself...I still have 10 months to figure out what I want! :) This is the entrance to the mall. You can see some of the street vendors here too...they are selling food. However I haven't seen or smelled any bugs yet! :) LOTS of the bars are here as well. Marc said at his in processing orientation deal they told him there were 112 bars in a ONE MILE radius. But it only gets wild and crazy after dark. During the day it is very family friendly.
See, I will be just fine! :) One CAN live on ice cream alone ...I have learned!

This is one of the purse stores. TONS of knock off purses from Coach to Louis Vuitton. One of my friends took her coach purse from here to a REAL coach store and they couldn't tell the difference in the real and fake! Yes...I'm taking orders.


It's all a little overwhelming as well! SOOO much to see and buy! :)



1 comment:

Jamie, Candice and Sydnee said...

Let me know if you find a knock off Manolo Blahnik store!!! A pair of those shoes are my dream!! lol. Love you guys!!