04 January 2008

Pete and Felicia's Visit

Felicia is one of my best friends from college! She made a deal with me when I married Marc that she would visit ANYWHERE we were stationed! She just married a wonderful man this past Oct. (it was their wedding that I went back to TX for) and the two of them came here to visit for the past week.

Of course the night they fly in it snows and was crazy cold! That set the tone for the entire visit!

They had stayed awake the entire trip to Korea on the plane so they slept through the night and didn't miss a beat! Hardly any jet lag and they were ready to go to church with us the next morning.

I took Felicia to one of my shopping areas here called E-Mart. It's sort of a department/grocery store. Crazy foods and people watching is always fun!


Yep, you can buy your own live octopus and fry it up just the way ya like it! Yum! BUT I do have the say the bakery is wonderful!

The girls played princesses!

This is one of our favorite restaurants that we take everyone to.

We love Thai food and this is one of our favorites. We like to say we are going to go get "Pwucked Up" for lunch/dinner...kinda funny!

And what visit isn't complete without the Korean BBQ at Sam Il's? But this time we did it right...we sat on the floor! I have to say I was SOOOO happy that this is my LAST visit here!!!

NEW side dish...some sort of fish head thing...Pete is such a good trooper!

Happy Girls!
We went to Seoul these past couple of days and Pete and Felicia did the DMZ and I STILL haven't done it, you can't take kids under 10 and Marc was working...hopefully in the next month! We went to the Korean War Museum and did lots of fun shopping at Itetawon. Last night we had a FABULOUS dinner at the Seoul Tower! Seoul was just beautiful at night with all the lights! It was a wonderful visit and we are SOOO looking forward to more great memories together in Texas!

1 comment:

Dotcruz said...

I still can't believe you were in Korea for a whole year. I am so glad that I went home when I did and met up with some of the KD ladies and found out you were here. That's so weird, when I asked where's Felicia and someone said she's in Korea. I was like "WHAT" "WHY"????? so I came to Korea and she was already gone but I still got to see you. I will see you Felicia on one of our next travels...muah!