28 January 2008

Kappa Delta Sorority

Dorothy is a sorority sister that I haven't seen since our wedding in 1997! I got an email from her about a month ago while she was back in TX visiting friends and family who told her we lived in S. Korea. Turns out she LIVES 30 minutes away from me in a town called Suwon! She has lived in S. Korea for 3 years now and is a college professor! Amazing! What a small world! She and her boyfriend, Ian, came down to visit and have dinner with us a couple of times this past two weeks. She is doing great and it was fun to talk about college days and catch up!

She and Ian are going to Italy for a vacation and to visit his brother next week and when she gets back I'll have moved. But at least we had the past two weeks to see each other. I wish I would have found her sooner! It was wonderful to see you Dorothy and I hope it isn't another 10 years before I see you again!! AOT love...

3 comments:

Gordon and Judy said...

Hi Jenna -- I'm Judy Thorne, editor of The Angelos, and I learned of your reunion with Dorothy through a Google alert I have for Kappa Delta. This is a great story and I would like to include this in a reunion section I'm doing for the spring issue. Do you have a photo of just you and Dorothy (nothing personal against the guys!)? It needs to be a high-resolution photo. Please let me know at your earliest convenience -- I'm working on this section now. Take care. In our KD, Judy

Joel and Angela said...

SO weird! Such a small world huh? It is neat to catch up with old friends! See ya soon!!!!!!!
A

Dotcruz said...

Hey girl, well I'm back in Korea and I know you are gone. How was that trip back to Texas with Ana, 2 cats(did that work out?), and belongs? I know you will be swamped for awhile until you get settled in your new home in SA but I wanted to let you know I was thinking of you guys. We'll do it again sooner than 10 years, I promise, LOL!!!Love You...AOT, Dorothy